Crime & Courts
ST. CHARLES – The man claiming to be Jesus on Sunday morning in an incident at Hotel Baker was cited even earlier that day with public drunkenness, after he and another man sought attention by pretending to fight, according to a St. Charles Police Department report.
ST. CHARLES – A 10-month Kane County State's Attorney's investigation has found that possibly as many as 10 district employees had knowledge of suspected abuse by former West Aurora High School band director Stephen Orland, but did not report it to the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services as required by law.
GENEVA – St. Charles School District 303 is trying to get the Illinois State Board of Education brought on as a third-party defendant in the lawsuit over the reconfiguration of two elementary schools.
ELBURN – More than 20 car owners in the village awoke Monday morning to find their vehicles burglarized, prompting police in the village to warn people to lock their car doors and remove valuables from the vehicles.
ST. CHARLES – A man who claimed to be Jesus Christ was charged Sunday morning with criminal trespass after he wouldn’t leave Hotel Baker in downtown St. Charles, according to a St. Charles Police Department report.
BATAVIA – Five people were charged Sunday after an underage drinking party in the 400 block of Wolcott Lane in Batavia.
SUGAR GROVE – Mitchell J. Jeczalik, 53, of Green Hills Court, Sugar Grove, pleaded guilty to one misdemeanor count of battery earlier this month after a physical altercation with a Sugar Grove restaurant employee in November.
GENEVA – A former teller at the Fifth Third Bank branch in Geneva has been indicted, accused of
ST. CHARLES – A guest of the St. Charles Country Club is suing the facility for injuries she sustained when a motorized equipment vehicle overturned, pinned her and dragged her, causing permanent injuries and disfigurement, according to court papers filed this week in Kane County.
ST. CHARLES TOWNSHIP – A bond-reduction hearing Friday for a Sycamore man, accused of driving under the influence in a fatal four-car crash that killed an 11-year-old boy, was continued to next month.
• Jaime Perez Jr., 21, of the 1200 block of East Wilson Street, Batavia, was charged Tuesday, April 30, with possession of more than 2.5 grams but less than 10 grams of marijuana and possession of drug equipment. In the same incident, Maxwell E. Lutz, 21, of the 900 block of Woodland Hills Road, Batavia, was charged with possession of less than 2.5 grams of marijuana.
• Two cars parked in the 500 block of North Van Nortwick Avenue were spray painted Saturday, May 11, by unknown vandals. One of the cars received $500 in damage. In addition, vandals also spray painted the sidewalk in the 500 block of North Van Nortwick Avenue and two speed signs.
• Johnathan Bedolla-Baeza, 23, of the 1900 block of Bennington Court, Elgin, was charged Wednesday, May 8, with driving without a license, driving without insurance and speeding. He was also arrested on a Kane County warrant on a charge of retail theft but was released on $2,500 bond.
CAMPTON HILLS – Eight village households were victimized in a rash of car burglaries this month, according to Campton Hills Police Department reports.
BATAVIA – A Batavia woman has been sentenced to prison for being under the influence of alcohol while crashing her car after she had dropped her child off at school.
ST. CHARLES – St. Charles police officers will be out in force conducting DUI and seat belt enforcement through May 27, according to a St. Charles Police Department news release.
• Gladis Avila, 26, of the 600 block of South 11th Avenue, St. Charles, was arrested Tuesday, May 7, on two warrants, both for retail theft charges, post-sentence.
• Tye Preston Warden, 47, of the 900 block of North Highland Avenue, Aurora, was charged Friday, May 3, with driving with a revoked license, a Class 4 felony and violating the electronic home monitoring program, a Class 3 felony. He also received a warning for a traffic signal violation.
• The front passenger window of a car at South Randall Road and Heritage Drive was reported shattered by an unknown object Sunday, May 5.
• Joseph Theodore Ambrogio, 40, of the 40W700 block of Fox Creek Drive, Campton Hills, was charged Sunday, May 5, with domestic battery, criminal damage to property and theft.
ST. CHARLES TOWNSHIP – The Kane County State’s Attorney’s Office wants eligible first-time offenders to know that, through diversion programs, they have the option to keep criminal convictions off their records, State’s Attorney Joe McMahon said.
ST. CHARLES – A 24-year-old man has been charged with misdemeanor battery after spitting in the face of another man outside a downtown St. Charles bar, according to the St. Charles Police Department.
ST. CHARLES TOWNSHIP – A Campton Hills woman must perform community service and attend anger management classes for her part in a physical altercation that St. Charles police considered a hate crime, according to Kane County court records.
ELGIN TOWNSHIP – The brother of a man who was accidentally shot in the abdomen this weekend was charged with three felonies, including reckless discharge of a firearm, the Kane County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement.
ST. CHARLES TOWNSHIP – A 28-year-old Sycamore man accused of driving under the influence at the time of a fatal crash in west-central Kane County is due in court Thursday morning.
• Three shopping cars, a rolling rack and an antique washing machine were reported stolen Thursday, May 2, from Continental Envelope, 1700 Averill Road. Other items were reported stolen between April 14 and April 21, but reported missing May 2. A list of missing items will be provided to police, according to reports.
• Jason M. Heuser, 27, of the 1N000 block of Kaneview Court, Maple Park, was charged Tuesday, April 23, with aggravated DUI, driving while license suspended or revoked, leaving the scene of an accident involving damage to a car, failure to give aid or information at the accident and failure to give information to the owner of the car.
• Paris D. Anderson, 24, of the 6200 block of South Cottage Grove Avenue, Chicago, was charged Thursday, April 25, with retail theft for reportedly stealing $79.66 in merchandise from Walmart, 150 Smith Road, St. Charles.
GENEVA – Kane County Judge David Akemann on Wednesday began hearing testimony regarding what should happen to St. Charles resident Clifford McIlvaine’s home-improvement project, which was started decades ago.
ST. CHARLES – The St. Charles Police Department is investigating a road rage incident that involved a teenager getting hit in the head by a bat, spokesman Paul McCurtain said.
A Chicago man was sentenced to 15 years in prison Tuesday for purchasing a motorcycle from a Geneva resident with counterfeit cash, but because he did not attend his trial, conviction or sentencing – police are still seeking him on a warrant.
ST. CHARLES – Nobody will be charged in an early Tuesday altercation that left one man with stab wounds and another with bruises and bite marks because neither party wanted to sign a complaint, St. Charles Police Department spokesperson Paul McCurtain said.
• Aaron D. Feltgen, 31, of the 800 block of Howell Drive, Geneva, was charged Friday, April 19, with retail theft of a $35 pair of Nike slip-ons from Plato’s Closet, 1900 S. Randall Road.
• Brooke N. Bittenbinder, 41, of the 1000 block of Robinson Street, Elburn, was arrested April 10 on a DeKalb County warrant for contempt of court.
• A man, 61, of the 700 block of Carriage Hill Lane, Sugar Grove, told police someone had removed the spare tire from the rear of his GMC SUV, also damaging the vehicle’s hood at the same time. He estimated total damage at $500. It is not known when the damage occurred, but it was reported April 1.
• Corey Paul Beckman, 21, of the 0-100 block of Longview Court, South Elgin, was charged Thursday, April 25, with possession of marijuana.
• Steven Andrew Baxter, 24, of the 100 block of North 15th Street, St. Charles, was arrested Wednesday, April 24, on a warrant for failing to appear in court. St. Charles officers reportedly transported him from the LaSalle County jail to the Kane County jail.
• The Kingswood sign at Foxfield Drive and King Edward Avenue in St. Charles was reported damaged Monday, April 22. Unknown offenders reportedly removed the “i” from the sign and spray-painted an electrical box.
ST. CHARLES – Two 21-year-old men from Elburn and St. Charles face felony charges on accusations they battered a 40-year-old man in an ice cream shop’s parking lot, St. Charles Police Department spokesman Paul McCurtain said.
• Someone between Saturday, April 13, and Sunday, April 14, attempted to break into the office at Fox River Car Wash, 19 S. Prairie St., but was not successful.
• Jonathan E. Weiss, 35, of the 1000 block of West State Street, Geneva, was charged Saturday, April 20, with two counts of domestic battery.