Digital Access

Digital Access
Access kcchronicle.com and all Shaw Media Illinois content from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Want to make sure you receive the latest local news? We’ve got you covered! Get the best in local news, sports, community events, with focus on what’s coming up for the weekend. Weekly mail subscription offers

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Choose your news! Select the text alerts you want to receive: breaking news, prep sports, weather, and more. Text alerts are a free service from Kane County Chronicle, but text rates may apply.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
Sign up for free email alerts. We'll deliver news & updates to your inbox.
Local

Discarded ashes start small garage fire in Batavia

BATAVIA – Batavia firefighters put out a small garage fire Wednesday afternoon at 814 N. Forest Ave., according to a news release. Officials said it was caused by ashes from a fire pit.

Firefighters found a small fire inside the garage and extinguished it in just under an hour. It was contained to the garage area, with minor smoke inside the house, officials said.

The total loss was $5,000 damage to the structure and $1,000 to the contents, officials said. There were no injuries.

The fire was considered accidental, caused by fire pit ashes discarded near a garbage container in the garage, according to the release.

Loading more