Kane County Sheriff
• Andrew R. Schaerli, 40, of the 41W900 block of Hughes Road, Blackberry Township, was charged Aug. 16 with causing $150 damage to painted drywall. According to reports, Schaerli had asked another family member to drive him to the Elburn Days event, but had been refused, so he punched a hole through the bedroom drywall. Schaerli appeared “noticeably intoxicated and became verbally abusive with deputies,” the report stated.
• A laptop computer valued at $400 was reported stolen Aug. 18 from an unlocked vehicle parked in the 42W500 block of Hidden Springs Drive, St. Charles Township.
• An iPod valued at $350 was reported stolen Aug. 18 from an unlocked car parked in the 4N500 block of Knoll Creek Drive, St. Charles Township.
• Three cans of Coors Banquet Beer and half a bag of Strawberry Twizzlers were reported stolen Aug. 17 from an unlocked car parked in the 38W600 block of Mallard Lake Road, St. Charles Township.
• A purse was reported stolen Aug. 17 from a locked car parked in the 42W500 block of Hidden Springs Drive, Campton Township. The passenger side window of a 2015 Ford Fusion was smashed out. The purse, which was left on the seat and was valued at $135, contained $100 in cash was taken, as was a silver ring valued at $60, that was attached to the purse, reports stated.