As a public service, Shaw Media will provide open access to information related to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) emergency. Sign up for newsletter
ST. CHARLES – The city of St. Charles remains open and will continue to serve the citizens of St. Charles with essential services related to public health, safety, and welfare.
However, in accordance with the governor’s stay-at-home order to help slow the spread of COVID-19, the city is operating at reduced staffing levels. This means some non-essential services will be suspended temporarily.
City buildings are closed to the public. However, residents may still contact the city.
* If it’s an emergency
* The St. Charles Police and Fire departments remain operational 24/7.
* Residents should continue to call 911 in an emergency.
* When calling for emergency medical services, please inform dispatches of all symptoms you are having so they are prepared when arriving on scene.
For non-emergency questions
The city cannot accept in-person payments at this time. Use these alternate methods of payment:
* Pay your utility bill online at stcharlesil.gov/utility-billing
* Pay by phone: Call toll-free, 24/7 844-443-9794
* Mail it
* Use one of the convenient drop boxes:
* East side – Foxfield Commons Shopping Center, 2700 block of East Main Street
* Downtown – City Hall/Municipal Building (2 E. Main St.)
* Southeast side of the building
* North parking lot, next to the USPS mailbox
* West side – St. Charles Police Station, 1515 W. Main Street
Lakeshore Recycling Systems will continue regular pick-up of refuse, recycling, and yard waste. But please note:
* Refuse stickers will not be sold at the city at this time. They are available to purchase at local grocery stores.
* Lakeshore Recycling Systems has suspended curbside collection of bulk items (mattresses, furniture, appliances and other large items)
The spring hydrant flushing program has been suspended.
Building and code enforcement permits and inspections
* No interior inspections are being conducted by city staff at this time. Staff will work with an outside consultant, subject to availability to schedule interior inspections.
* Permits, plans, applications, and associated payments accepted at the Police Station lobby or mailed to City of St Charles Building and Code Enforcement, 2 E. Main St., St. Charles, IL 60174.
* Payments and fees also can be dropped off at the Utility Billing drop box locations.
* No cash accepted.
Police Department Lobby Open Only for Essential Business
Until further notice the following police programs have been suspended:
* Fingerprinting services
* Child safety seat checks
* Prescription drug disposal
* Building tours
* Ride-Along Program
* Citizen’s Police Academy
* Use of the Community Room
* Issuance of Solicitor Permits - All current Solicitor permits are temporarily suspended.
Public Health Agencies
Questions about the Coronavirus (COVID)
Call the coronavirus hotline, 1-800-889-3931
Visit coronavirus.illinois.gov for information updates, FAQs.
Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website, cdc.gov.