ST. CHARLES – The city of St. Charles is resuming in-person public meetings following Governor J.B Pritzker’s announcement that the area has moved into phase 4 of the "Restore Illinois" plan.
In-person public meetings resume
In-person public meetings will resume at the Municipal Building, 2 E. Main St. However, the city will continue to make video teleconferencing an option, making it easier for the public to participate. More information about public meetings, including how to participate in the video teleconference, is at stcharlesil.gov/meetings.
City buildings open to the public with continued restrictions
While the city is open to serve residents from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., in-person transactions with the public will continue to be conducted between 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. only. Appointments are encouraged.
Conduct business online, when possible at stcharlesil.gov.
The police station at 1515 W. Main St. continues to be open for police business only, from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., Mondays through Fridays and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
When at a city building, please observe the following health and safety restrictions:
• All visitors must wear a mask before entering a building and use hand sanitizer provided upon entrance.
• Visitors must maintain a 6-foot distance from others.
• No more than 50 people may gather in one area at a time.
Conducting business at the city
• Pay a utility bill – When possible, please continue to use these convenient contactless methods to pay your utility bill:
• Online at stcharlesil.gov/utility-billing
• By phone, toll-free, 24/7 at 844-443-9794
• By mail
• Use one of five drop boxes located throughout town.
• In-person payments and other customer service requests will be conducted from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday at the Municipal Building.
Building permits and applications
In-person meetings are by appointment only, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday at the Municipal Building.
Plans and application drop off is available in the Municipal Building lobby from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Call 630-377-4406 upon arrival.
Public Works service counter
Open for in-person transactions from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Public Works facility, 1405 S. 7th Ave.
Meetings with city staff should be conducted by phone or video conference when possible. In-person meetings are by appointment only and masks are preferred.
When 6-foot social distancing cannot be maintained, masks are required.
Some non-essential police services resume with restrictions
• Fingerprinting services for licensing and city-related requirements only
• Child safety seat checks by appointment only
• Prescription drug disposal
• Issuing solicitor permits with safety plans submitted by the applicants
Non-essential services that remain suspended in order to practice social distancing
• Municipal Building meeting room reservations
• Municipal Building display window reservations
• Police station meeting room reservations
• Police Station tours
• Police Ride-Along program
• Citizen’s Police Academy