Digital Access

Digital Access
Access and all Shaw Media Illinois content from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Want to make sure you receive the latest local news? We’ve got you covered! Get the best in local news, sports, community events, with focus on what’s coming up for the weekend. Weekly mail subscription offers

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Choose your news! Select the text alerts you want to receive: breaking news, prep sports, weather, and more. Text alerts are a free service from Kane County Chronicle, but text rates may apply.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
Sign up for free email alerts. We'll deliver news & updates to your inbox.

Nominating petitions available at St. Charles Municipal Building

ST. CHARLES – Nomination packets for the 2021 consolidated election can be picked up at the St. Charles Municpal Building.

Residents can pick up their packet from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays at the reception desk in the St. Charles Municipal Building, 2 E. Main St. For those who prefer to have their packet emailed, send your request to and it will be sent by the next business day.

Petitions cannot be circulated for signature before Sept. 22. The completed nomination packets must be filed between Dec. 14 and Dec. 21.

All forms must be turned in by 5 p.m. Dec. 21 to the City Clerk’s office, 2 E. Main Street, St. Charles, The 2021 Consolidated Election will be held April 6, 2021.

The following offices, which hold four-year terms, are up for election:

• Mayor, (currently Raymond Rogina)
• City Clerk (currently Charles Amenta)
• City Treasurer (currently Jo Krieger)
• Alderman, Ward 1 (currently Ron Silkaitis)
• Alderman, Ward 2 (currently Art Lemke)
• Alderman, Ward 3 (currently not filled)
• Alderman, Ward 4 (currently Lora Vitek)
• Alderman, Ward 5 (currently Maureen Lewis)

The Kane County Election Commission can assist with questions about precincts or general election questions at 630-232-5990 or at Election forms also are available online at or contact the State Board of Elections at 217-782-4141.

It is recommended that candidates running for office consult with an attorney on specific questions they might have regarding election codes, requirements, etc. For more information, contact Tracey Conti, assistant to the mayor and city administrator, at or call 630-377-4422.

Loading more