ST. CHARLES – One person was injured in an apartment fire in St. Charles Friday morning that caused an estimated $5,000 in damage.
The victim was treated and transported to Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital in Geneva. The apartment is still habitable.
At 9:05 a.m. Friday, the St. Charles Fire Department was dispatched to 2508 Northwinds Drive for a report of light smoke coming from an apartment doorway, according to a news release from the St. Charles Fire Department.
Firefighters were on the scene by 9:12 a.m. and found a small fire in the apartment’s kitchen area, the release stated. The fire was brought under control with 10 minutes and the structure was checked for any fire extension and the smoke was ventilated from the apartment.
The building was returned to the occupants by 10:13 a.m. The St. Charles Fire Department was assisted at the scene by the Geneva Fire Department.